Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Living Room Makeover {Reveal}

A few weeks ago I blogged about a little make-over that our dining area got. This time it's onto showcasing our living room mini-makeover. Back in July, I mentioned that we purchased some new couches and then I went on to talk about what accessories I would pair with our new pieces. Looking back at the before pictures, our living room looked quite drab.


{BEFORE}...


{AFTER}


{BEFORE}...


{AFTER}

To see more previous photos of our living room, go to this post.

What do you think of the changes?

Two new couches expanded our seating, and I brought color in with new pictures, pillows and changing out the curtain. Small changes made such a BIG difference.

The pictures above the couch were $29.99 ea {purchased from Homegoods}. I already had one wrought iron scroll, so I just purchased another {for $7.50 on sale at Hobby Lobby} and placed them above the pictures to add to them a bit....

We purchased the leather ottoman from Overstock.com and LOVE it!! It was the first time that I/we have ever purchased a piece of furniture online and like the other nearly 200 reviewers of this piece, we couldn't be more happier with it. It was an amazing price, and arrived just a few days after we ordered it. A beautiful 77 lb heavy piece of furniture that shipped for just $2.95. Can't beat that ; )


I mixed a lot of new things in with the old, like this fireplace screen {ZGallerie} and topiary trees {Tuesday Morning} that I've had for five + years now.


I purchased a new lamp {did you notice that the fleur de lis on the lamp matches the ones above my doors?} at Homegoods.


Pillows brought in the perfect amount of color that I wanted to give this space. I already had half of them, and purchased a few new ones {all from Ross, $6.99 - $9.99}....



I changed out the former curtain panel and purchased the one below from Pier One, at 1/2 off. You can see it better here, where you can also purchase it.


An up-close photo of the new pictures....


A few other views....


Aside from the fireplace screen and the topiary's, and mixing in new pillows with ones that I already had, I kept the decor pieces on the mantel the same, and I still have the trunks in the corner with the elephant on it. The rug on the floor is the same, the throw over the couch is the exact same one as what was there before, as are the pictures that are on the end table {our wedding photo and a picture of Ilah}. Speaking of the end table...that's the last thing to get for this living room.


Our new couches were our biggest splurge, followed by the ottoman. Our living room makeover, while although not major, turned out exactly how I envisioned it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...