Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Shopping For Seasonal Clothes Ahead of Time

It's no secret that I love good deals. Especially when it comes to Ilah's clothes, which she outgrows in what seems like just a few months time. Although there are lots of darling outfits in the stores, and in online shops, I hardly ever pay full price for something. Instead of spending a few thousand dollars for my child's seasonal wardrobe, I only spend a few hundred. I learned my lesson when I went CRAZY buying darling clothes for Ilah before she was born and she never wore at least 1/4 of them. I chalk it up to the excitement of having my first baby and not being able to resist buying practically every adorable thing that I saw!

I make a point to shop for seasonal clothes for Ilah ahead of time. For instance, with fall/winter approaching, most stores have their summer clothes on clearance. Kohl's happened to have some AMAZING deals so I scored there a few weeks ago. I estimated that next summer Ilah would be in a 4T so I got four pairs of shorts at 80% off, just $2.60 each....



These adorable jumpers were also 80% off, at just $4.00....



I paired this shirt {$2.60} that I saw, with this skirt {$2.80} that I spotted, and got both for 80% off....




This stars and stripes tank will be cute for Ilah to wear next 4th of July/around the holiday. I can see her zipping through the park, with an ice-cream now! ; ) Shirt was $2.60, Shorts $3.90....




These long sleeve shirts were not as deeply discounted, but they were 50% off. I got them for $7.50 each....


And this one, which was too cute for me to pass up, was also $7.50....

With coupons in hand, I saved even more! The following week I used my $10 Kohl's cash {that I received at check out, when I purchased the items above} and in also using a 15% off coupon, got these for FREE....


A cute little shirt for Ilah to wear around the Thanksgiving holiday.


And some socks {with grips!} to keep her cute little toes warm this winter : )


Naturally, I also made some purchases at ROSS....





Cupcake PJ's to wear the night before her birthday!!....


I love this little jacket! Perfect as an every day jacket/thick sweater to keep Ilah warm this fall/winter....


The fur on the hood is so cute, but you can take it off {see the buttons?} if you want to...


The lining is nice and warm!!

Just $15!


While at ROSS, I spotted this shirt that would be perfect for Valentines Day next year {yep, always thinking ahead}!....


Just $3.99!

I thought it was funny that while I was in Kohl's, a couple was there with their little girl who was probably a little over 2. The mom kept asking her "Do you like this one?"..."What about this one?"..."Do you like this color?"...."Or do you prefer this one?". The dad finally said, "look, she doesn't care. Just pick one so we can go". Ha ha!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...