Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Prepping for Ilah's Cupcake Themed Birthday Party

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I purchased some decor for Ilah's 2nd birthday party but that I didn't feel like pulling all that stuff out, unwrapping what had been carefully wrapped, go through the process of taking a ton of pictures, then re-wrap all of that stuff neatly, and then put it all back in our storage area. I said I would "eventually" get around to it, and post pictures of those items...and here they finally are : ) {To see past posts of my ideas for Ilah's 2nd Birthday Party go here, and here}.

In early May I saw these ADORABLE glass cupcake platters at Hobby Lobby {see this post}. I initially passed on them - and then could have kicked myself when I got home for not buying them. Hobby Lobby is one of those places where although they have a large selection of fabulous things, some things are specialty items and they only carry a certain quantity - when those are gone, they are gone, and they won't be re-ordered. As in the case of this vintage style cupcake set. Thank goodness that when I went back not only were they still there, but they were 50 % off. I got an amazing deal for all of these items! And I bought nearly every piece they had.



Anything can be put on these platters....but I'm thinking appetizers and/or cupcakes : )



I also got these two large cupcake trays. The cupcake cookies I will be making be put on these...


And then there's these darling cupcake decor pieces that I will have out around the food....




I'm not sure what you call these {tin cans? buckets? I'm sure there's a proper term}...I plan to make cake pops and will have them sticking out of the two large ones, and perhaps I will place utensils in this smaller one....




I spotted this piece at Homegoods months ago and snagged it.....





Also from Hobby Lobby, I got these sheets of paper that I plan to line some of my white porcelain platters with, and also make some party hats out of {similar to the ones that I did for Ilah's birthday party last year}....


My mom told me that these pieces will be so nice to pass down to Ilah. I didn't even think of that. These vintage style cupcake pieces are timeless and if packaged right, will be just as pretty when they are used twenty years or so from now. Even if Ilah doesn't have a little girl, if she is like me, she will love throwing parties for those she loves and these are fun pieces that she can use for any special occasion - and think of her momma ; ) !

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...