Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Waiting Game

Today I am 27 weeks pregnant. I know I haven't posted any belly pictures on here...I'm long overdue for getting one up. And I will. Even if it’s a headless one...because I'll be honest, I don't do much make-up and hair curling these days!

Moving on...

I was so bored yesterday. Although there were things to do around the house I avoided anything that I considered a "task". Instead I did a whole lot of nothing yet managed to still be exhausted. Go figure.

As a soon-to-be first time mom, I've been a bit spastic throughout this pregnancy wanting to make sure that this cute little nugget of ours is growing healthy. While most mommy blogs that I read are amusing, resourceful, and make me greatly anticipate the arrival of our daughter, there are some that I stumble upon in which mothers use their blog as a grieving outlet for losing their developing baby or their sweet newborn; it makes my heart sink when I come across their sad stories. And then it makes my mind go banana's with all the "what if's" and makes me want an ultrasound pronto to put my mind at ease.

Although all appointments have gone great and our little girl moves like crazy I wish I could have an ultrasound at every visit {my last one was done at 20 weeks when they determined the sex}. Next week is my glucose screening test; I called the office to see if the Doctor would also do an ultrasound during that visit {by that time it will have been 2 months since we've seen our little girl on screen and I just want to be sure that she is still developing beautifully} but like I thought, insurance only covers so many ultrasounds and I won't get another one until I'm 32 weeks. So that means that an entire 3 months will have gone by without seeing little Ilah. Boo!!

Last night, as I layed awake with my little kicker girl, and totally bored {although I should have been sleeping} I told her that I couldn't wait until she was here so that I could cuddle her, play with her, bathe her, feed her, rock her, talk to her, sing to her and make funny faces that will make her smile and laugh. Surely all boredom will surely go away in 3 months when I'm tending to a newborn, eh?

In the meantime, I'll just continue to feel like an elephant who has been pregnant for two years and continue to impatiently wait for January to roll around.

Another thing that I will continue to do....
Fulfill my cravings.

I'm off to Olive Garden to indulge in Salad and a heaping pile of their breadsticks:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...