Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

French Toast Recipe

Friday night I had a sudden craving for French Toast so while at the store fulfilling another craving {for tootsie-roll pops} I grabbed the ingredients to make French Toast. I love ordering it at a restaurant for breakfast but never attempted to make it myself. I thought it was about time to take a stab at it. So I did. I found a recipe online and tried it out and let me tell you....it was the best French Toast I have EVER had!! So quick and easy!!

I used Texas Toast so that it came out thick and fluffy!

And had a side of diced strawberries...


PREP TIME: 5 Min
COOK TIME: 10 Min
READY IN: No time!

INGREDIENTS FOR 2-3 SERVINGS:
6 thick slices bread
2 eggs
2/3 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
Salt to taste

DIRECTIONS:
Beat together egg, milk, salt, desired spices and vanilla. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or skillet over medium-high flame. Dunk each slice of bread in egg mixture, soaking both sides. Place in pan, and cook on both sides until golden. Serve hot.

A few tweaks that I made to the original recipe:
  • As I mentioned, I used Texas Toast so the french toast would be thick and fluffy!
  • I added more cinnamon than what the recipe recommended
  • I omited using vanilla extract
  • While the bread was cooking, I covered the pan so that the bread would cook at the way through!
  • Don't forget the powdered sugar & warm maple syrup! {optional}
The hubby, who never eats French Toast, loooooved it!!! It's now going to be a staple breakfast in our home : )

1 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...