Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Fried Zucchini Recipe

For those that have inquired, below is the recipe that I used to make my fried zucchini. I made them on a whim one night when a sudden craving kicked in for Cheesecake Factory's fried zucchini but there was no way that I was going to make the trek there to get them. So instead I pulled up a highly rated recipe, headed out to the store to buy the few ingrediants that I didn't have on hand, and made my own! It was super easy, and super fast! Enjoy : )

Recipe by Giada De Laurentiis
Reviews can be found here on Food Network

Cook Time:10 min
Level: Intermediate
Yield: 4 servings {I cut the below ingredients in half since I was only making these for me and my husband}

Ingredients:
Olive oil, for frying
1 3/4 cups freshly grated Parmesan
1 1/2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
3 medium zucchini, cut into 3-inch long by 1/2-inch wide strips

Directions:
Pour enough oil into a large frying pan to reach a depth of 2 inches. Heat the oil over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 350 degrees F.

Stir 1 1/2 cups Parmesan, the panko, and salt in a medium bowl to blend. Whisk the eggs in another medium bowl to blend. Working in batches, *dip the zucchini in the eggs to coat completely and allow the excess egg to drip back into the bowl. Coat the zucchini in the panko mixture, patting to adhere and coat completely. Place the zucchini strips on a baking sheet.
*One ingredient, and additional step, omitted from this recipe is to first dip the zucchini in flour, and then into the egg to coat.

When the oil is hot, working in batches, fry the zucchini sticks until they are golden brown, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the fried zucchini to paper towels and drain.

Arrange the fried zucchini on a platter. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan and serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...