Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Heading to Big Canoe!

This afternoon I head to Big Canoe for our church's first Women's Retreat. I have loved being a part of the planning team and being actively involved in bringing this retreat to fruition!

The planning began over the summer and among other things, I undertook the challenge to find the perfect place for our women's retreat [within our budget]. I went through numerous sites, thereby viewing numerous properties, and crunched numbers like crazy to ensure we were staying in budget....then there was the issue of finding a place large enough to hold ALL of us {which didn't happen - the few that could were janky}, or at least find two properties that were in close proximity to each other {which I did!}. Finally, in September, we secured two beautiful homes that provide the perfect accommodations for our women's retreat. Here are a few pictures of one of the homes....







I'm not just looking forward to this refreshing time away, and the fun things that we have planned, but I'm excited to see what God has in store for all of us!

I made a variety of homemade desserts all day yesterday and last night in preparation for the dessert spread that I'll be doing for tonight's "arrival night". It was a bit of a challenge yesterday baking multiple desserts while also tending to Ilah - who, of all days, was super clingy {and only took a 1 1/2 hr nap}. But knowing that I would be away, I loved up on my sweet girl and we played games, read books, watched her favorite cartoons, had lunch together, etc....and then I slipped off to the kitchen occasionally when she got preoccupied with a toy ; )

Ilah will be in good hands with her daddy {who, himself, went on a 3 day overnight men's conference the week before last with our church - and he was also gone all last week out of state for business...this momma has been flying solo and balancing a lot!} - but I will miss seeing my sweet girl's adorable face for 2 1/2 days, and kissing her cheeks goodnight! Dele's too ; )

A cold front has come through Atlanta, and although it now feels more like winter than fall, it makes for the perfect weather for our retreat!

I'll be back to blogging next Monday!

Enjoy the rest of your week...and I hope that the weekend ahead is a wonderful one for you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...