Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

The Latest Platter of Decorated Sugar Cookies

Every time I make sugar cookies and decorate them with royal icing I ask myself why I put myself through it. Ha! Really though, it is quite an undertaking. Lots of steps and lots {and lots} of hours go into making them. It's a 2-3 day process depending on the intricacy of the design{s}. I initially got into making them after wondering {and envying those who mastered the craft} if I could pull these little pretties off myself. I am by no means a pro. Not eeeven close. In fact, I still consider myself a beginner. My first attempt was only this past May {if you want to take a stab at making sugar cookies decorated with royal icing go to my post here for some tips and links to some sites I love, in case you missed it. That's where you'll also find the link to the sugar cookie recipe and the royal icing recipe I use}.

This week I got the bug to make some cookies - probably because I was dying to try out my new KitchenAid mixer that my mom got me for my birthday earlier this month! Here is a platter of my latest creation....




There were cupcakes....Cherries.... Lollipops....
Monogrammed Cookies.... And heart shaped pretties.....

Put them all together, and you get a platter that looks like this....





Someone left a comment on one of my sugar cookie posts asking when I find the time to make these labor intensive cookies. Well, I don't make these cookies often as they do require many hours of my time. Maybe once a month. When the itch hits, I bake and decorate them when Ilah naps during the day and in the evening hours after she's in bed. Even when my husband is home I am still hands on, and I prefer to work on them when there's peace and quiet so I can concentrate ; ) I have been known to stay up until the weeee hours of the morning {one time until 4 am!} finishing up cookies.
For those of who who have left me sweet comments encouraging me to sell my cookies, thank you! But I just couldn't see myself taking on the task of filling multiple orders for customers and then stressing over the possibility of them breaking in postal transit. For now, I am enjoying making the cookies just for fun - for family, friends, and our church events. {Sidenote: I cannot wait for the holidays to roll around...I am going to be a cookie making/decorating machine!! I have so many ideas!!}. But thank you so much for thinking that my cookies could easily sell!! You guys are so sweet!!


I hope you all have a WONDERFUL weekend!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...