Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Praying for the Single Mothers

As I was preparing to lay Ilah down to sleep tonight, a praise song - that I learned as a young child, hit my heart:

In my life Lord
Be glorified, be glorified
In my life, Lord
Be glorified today.

In Your church, Lord
Be glorified, be glorified
In Your church, Lord
Be glorified today.

In my heart, Lord
Be glorified, be glorified
In my heart, Lord
Be glorified today.

In my praise, Lord
Be glorified, be glorified
In my praise, Lord
Be glorified today.


My mom shared with me that while I was in the hospital, there was a time that she passed the baby nursery and looked at all of the wee babes and wondered what their future would hold. How many of them would be raised in a home with loving parents who will unconditionally love them, care for them, provide for them, and raise them to know the awesomeness of God? How many would be abused, neglected, emotionally mistreated, and won’t have the love of Jesus imparted into them? It broke my heart to think about the latter.

I recall telling my husband, just days before Ilah was born, that I couldn’t imagine going through the experience of pregnancy and childbirth alone. It's such a miraculous thing to share with the one you love. I am so blessed to have a wonderful man in my life that greatly anticipated the birth of his daughter - he delighted in every moment of my pregnancy and now that she is born, he marvels at every little thing she does. There are so many women, for vast reasons, who are not as fortunate as I am and my heart breaks for them. My spirit began to grieve and I felt the urgency to pray for single mothers. Would you please do the same?

Pray for the single mothers who feel overwhelmed and inadequate. For the one’s who can’t sleep in the night - who are worried, fearful and stressed. Pray that God’s peace consumes them and that they will be kept safe from harm. Pray that God’s favor will fall upon them and that their children will know that they have a Heavenly Father who will never leave them or forsake them. May they know that they are valuable and that they have a purpose. That God is sovereign - and that if they call upon Him, he will hear the desires of their heart.

May they meditate on the scripture found in Jeremiah 29:11...

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future".

This is my prayer for them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...