Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Still Waiting on Baby!

  • I'm pretty much a cat these days. I mostly sleep. I only get up to eat and use the restroom. I'm exhausted from doing nothing. I keep hearing from so many people to get as much sleep as I can before the baby arrives. That, I surely am. Another thing I hear is to walk, walk, walk {to bring on labor} - but it's about 20 degrees here in Atlanta so that's just not happening. The only place I walk to is downstairs to eat. And when I have to walk back up, I need a water break mid-way up the stairs so I can catch my breath! Funny...that's what I've been wishing would happen with my body - a water break! No such luck.
  • The last bit of laundry has been washed and folded so that there's nothing to tend to in terms of dirty clothes when the little babe arrives. Another thing that has been washed and dryed is my hair...such a task to straighten it afterwards!...but if I happen to go into the hospital today or tomorrow, I'll be going in with hair that smells like Pantene - love that smell!
  • The house has maintained it's cleanliness in preparation for bringing home the baby. We want to come home from the hospital to a nice, clean house - with nothing to do but coo over our newborn.
  • Yesterday I remembered one last thing that I should have in my hospital bag in case I ended up having a c-section - high rise underwear. They were bought yesterday {thanks to two separate runs to Target by the husband and my mom!}.
  • I moved up today's Doctor's appointment. It was originally scheduled for 2:30 p.m. but I called this morning and they were able to give me a 12 Noon open slot. Can you tell that I'm antsy to get in and get some news from the Doctor? Daddy is just as anxious - as is my mom! All weekend we talked about today's appointment and all the hypotheticals that could be discussed {which led to a whirlwind of dreams last night}!
  • The baby continues to move and groove like crazy. I can't wait to see what her personality will be like!
  • For those who have asked about nursery photos - I haven't posted them just yet as I'm waiting for Ilah's custom crib bedding to arrive {it's being shipping today}. Once I have it in place, I'll do a post on Ilah's nursery, with lots of photos, so you all can see how her sweet room turned out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...