Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Our Weekend Recap!

Hey! Hope you had a great weekend! Man, it has been H.O.T. here in Atlanta!! It's definitely July! I wish I could push a "change of season" button and move right along to fall. I don't exactly embrace the humidity and the scorching temperatures here all too well. Summer in California {where I am originally from} is a lot different than the summers here in the south. I'm still adjusting. And I've been here for five years now! Ha! But I guess it allows Ilah to enjoy her fun pool days and park outings....


I lagged a little bit in putting away all of my 4th of July decor. These few items sat right here for a few days after our party was over. They have now found their home back in storage.

Friday night Momma got a night off from cooking and we ordered PF Changs to go. This time we wanted to eat in the comfort of our own home, rather than sitting in a restaurant. We sat in front of the tv in our "comfies" {that what I call comfortable clothes!} and watched one of our favorite shows while eating yummy food!

Saturday morning while Ilah was napping, I tended to our budget and noted the bills that have been paid, and tracked the money that has been spent so far this month. I use this monthly household budget worksheet, which I love {and go to it twice per month to make sure we are on track with our budget}, but my husband is now trying to convince me to use mint.com, as our money manager. We'll see if I make the switch ; )

After Ilah's nap on Saturday, we headed out to look for new couches! I've been wanting new couches for a couple of years now. The couch that we currently have is one that I purchased when I first moved to Atlanta and it's a sleeper sofa. It was nice to have in my 1 bedroom apartment so that if I had family or friends over, they would have a space to sleep if they wanted to/needed to spend the night. But now we live in a home where space isn't an issue, but that uncomfortable couch is, because there are no springs directly under the seat cushions [because of the built-in pull out]. Anyways....enough of my ramble. We set out on Saturday to hopefully find new couches; Ilah browsed through the furniture ad's to see if she could find anything that suited her taste ; ) ..... {more to come on what we purchased!}

We went through the drive through to get a cold drink before going to the next furniture store....

On our drive home, we passed Chick-fil-A and I felt terrible for whoever was stuck under that cow suit in 100 degree weather!!.....

When we got home, Ilah went down for a nap and I made a quick drive up to the outlet mall...

To go to.....

I bought some cookie cutters and these adorable mini cupcake wrappers for Ilah's cupcake themed 2nd birthday {just $6.99}....
When I got home, Ilah was still asleep {love those long afternoon naps!}. About an hour later, she woke up and daddy hit the grill!....

Sunday morning we went to church and just like last Sunday, Ilah stayed with us in service. She has been an early riser the past two Sundays and is exhausted by the time 11 am rolls around {our church's start time} and does not want to be left in the nursery. So instead my mom holds her in service and she falls asleep during worship and stays asleep literally until the end of the service. So in essence she takes her morning nap in church, sleeping on my mom, so by the time we get home, this girl is full of energy and wanting to jump on beds!....







"They'll never find me behind here".


Sunday evening I hit up Aldi and got some groceries....

And grabbed a Sunday paper {for coupons} on my way home....

I couldn't wait for the new episode of The Real Housewives of New Jersey to air last night! I hated that there wasn't one last Sunday because of the 4th of July holiday. Bravo should have aired one anyways! They were so wrong for holding out like that! Ha ha!
This season is definitely proving to be one that is primarily focused on Teresa's family drama {does Caroline and Jacqueline even have a story line?}. As the season continues to evolve, I see where Teresa is coming from about the strife that her sister-in-law brings. I know that it takes two {and I know that we don't get to see every banter that these two have with one another}, but I don't really see Melissa trying too much to forgive and start fresh. She likes to hold on to that handle and stir the pot {I do agree with Teresa's brother about where their initial tension stemmed from...a bit of competition}. Melissa got on this show for self-promotion purposes and to use it as a means to berate Teresa, which is extremely childish - and Kathy probably had nothing better to do so she signed on the dotted line...network checks never hurt anybody...or have they? {I can stomach Kathy, so nothing against her - the woman can get her bake on in the kitchen and make some awesome pastries!}. Enough said. I could really go on and on ; ) I get my additional RHONJ fix by reading their Bravo blogs and reading the juice that Reality Tea puts out. I know, I know. I'm addicted. It's my guilty pleasure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...