Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Moving Forward with Selling Our Home & Swooning Over Home Decor Styles

My husband and I have decided to move forward with selling our home and purchasing a bigger one. This was a decision that we had up in the air for several months. We are in no pressing state to have to move, we simply want to move to take advantage of the low home prices and get a bigger home at an amazing price while the market is currently where its at. We have our eye on a beautiful subdivision within the same suburb of Atlanta that we are currently living in and there is a particular 5 bedroom floorplan that we both think is beautiful and would be perfect for growing into. Homes in that particular subdivision used to sell from the high $300's to the mid $400's - and now....starting from the mid $200's. Same square footage - and even nicer floorplans than what was offered before. Isnt that crazy? I would hate to be the person who bought in there when the prices were high, but no one could predict that downturn of the market and how fast it would take a dive. I love walking through model homes and viewing various floorplans and imagining the possibilities should we purchase that particular home and make those spaces ours. So naturally I've been doggy-earing pages in my home decor magazines, desiring to implement some of the decor styles {in our new home} that make me swoon.

A few months ago when my Traditional Home Magazine arrived, I couldn't wait to go through its pages after seeing the front cover. How gorgeous is that staircase!?! I would love to pick it up and place it in our next home!!....


When I got to the article featuring the home on the cover, I was delighted to see that it was a home in Atlanta! Have a look inside {and be prepared to want to move in!}.....


Although I'm not crazy about the color of the cabinets, I love the grandness of the kitchen and the offset design and contrasting color of the kitchen island!The architect followed the homeowner's lead and designed a curvaceous wall behind the seating area off of the kitchen to echo the furniture's sweeping lines. How stunning!!!....

Onto the Master Bedroom....

And the bathroom!.... And the closet....

How sweet is this little girls room?! The cut out wood trim above the "nook" that was created -- love it all!! And although the homeowners only have one daughter, two matching beds are inside of the room for friends that sleep over....


The office/den.....

I would have loved to have seen more of this homes outdoor space, but what IS shown is stunning!! That stone fireplace is so grand and so gorgeous!! I would be eating outside practically all the time!!....

You can go here to read details about the home decor and see additional detailed photos of this beautiful home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...