Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Why Do You Read This Blog?

I wasn't sure if I was going to continue blogging after I had Ilah. In fact, I even proclaimed in one post that this blog would likely be coming to an end shortly after she was born. But here I am. Still here. And still blogging away.

While many bloggers say that they blog to document their life, my reason extends past that. As my profile says, in part: "...This blog houses my thoughts, highlights things that enthuse me, and showcases images that wow me. I live life to its fullest, have a heart for the things of God, am passionate about traveling the globe, take delight in yummy food, and love a good deep laugh...".

Through my blog, I love sharing all of the above things {everything from my faith, to motherhood experiences, to recipes, to lovely home decor images, to random musings - there are many of those!}. I don't aim to be a popular blogger. I don't sit and think about how to draw in the masses. I don't pay attention to my blogger stats like so many other bloggers do nor do I obsess about my ranking on third party sites. Instead, I sit happily and contently on my [very] small block of the blogging world and enjoy writing away when the urge hits me. And when I hear from those of you who choose to pop by it lets me know that you find my little 'ol blog to be an inviting place. In fact, when I get emails from my readers letting me know how much a certain post really touched them, it's what makes me want to continue to keep this blog around all the more. Because even if I've touched just one person in a positive way, than this blog has served its ultimate purpose.

The blogging community has become a very BIG place. Many people make their rounds and read a significant number of blogs per day. The most I have followed has maybe been five. I know what it's like to invest a bit of your time into certain bloggers and peer into their virtual window and keep up with their life story as it plays out daily/weekly/monthly/yearly. But I don't know how people follow so many blogs! I would get so tired from all that reading! Ha ha!

Some of you are long time readers of my blog, and some of you are fairly new. Some of you comment regularly, some of you comment sporadically, and some of you are closet readers and don't comment at all {I really found that out when I put up a poll about 6 months ago and over 900 individual people answered it. Wow!}. Some of you type in my blog address daily, and some of you just pass through occasionally. Whichever the case may be.....

I'm curious....and would really like to know....

Why do you read this blog? What keeps you coming back?
And is there something that you'd like for me to write more about?

This is my 733rd post. I can't believe I have written that many blog entries. It's certainly been a fun few years using this blog of mine as an outlet for so many various things. I look forward to connecting with you all the more : )

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...