Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Making Ilah's Hair Bows & A Sweet Treat from Mr. Wonderful

As Ilah's wardrobe continues to expand, and things that no longer fit her are washed, folded and put away {tear!}, I realized that although she has a lot of hair bows, she needs some new ones to match the new outfits that she will be wearing.

When I buy Ilah's frilly hair bows {go here to see where they hang; many more have been added that aren't pictured!}, I do so with a mindset that they need to compliment many different outfits. As I was browsing this past week for a few new hair bows, a thought bubble emerged..."I made her pacifer clips, why not make her hairbows too". So that's exactly what I'm going to attempt to do. I'm tapping into the right side of my brain where creativity dwells, to see what immerses!

I was looking forward to heading to Hobby Lobby & Joanne's to pick out different ribbons, fabrics and embellishments, and I got to do so today {sidenote: Hobby Lobby is one of my favorite places to shop; I cannot believe that while I was there, I didn't divert from the sole purpose of my trip - I didnt even so much as browse the aisles. It was a miracle!}.

Ribbon wasn't on sale this week at Hobby Lobby so I passed on buying any. Since I will be making stacked hairbows and am wanting a variety of sizes and designs, I would have spent quite a bit of money so I passed and will wait until the ribbon goes on sale {which will probably be next week}. In the meantime, I remembered that I have ribbon already in the house which will be good for "practice runs" : )

Initially when I went to Joanne's I started pulling bundles of their fabric {my head started spinning from seeing SO MANY options} and then I realized that I was getting a bit ahead of myself so I put them all back and got these fabric quarters instead....a good starting point : )

Bows made of ribbon are cute but I just love the look of fabric flowers comprised of different patterns and textures, with an added embellishment to make it all the more cute. So that's my aim! Aside from purchasing various fabrics, I also bought some felt, tule, and even some burlap! Things are about to get interesting! Ha!

I purchased just 1/8 of a yard of my fabric selections since this is my first attempt at making these fancy-schmancy hair accessories. I figure if they don't turn out how I imagine, or are harder to make than I thought and don't want to keep at it, then at least I didn't spend a lot of money {but actually, I have a lot of faith in myself that I'm going to pull this off and they are going to be c-u-t-e!}

And of course I will post pictures of the final products once I'm finished! : )

On a totally different note: Tonight my willpower got trumped by a certain visitor that comes once a month. Mr. Wonderful knew and came home from work with some sweet treats from The Cheesecake Factory! Gotta love that man!!

Just in case you're wondering, mine is the bigger one!!! Ha!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...