Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Whole Lot of Randomness

  • First and foremost, I am SO touched by all of the comments that I received on this post about why you have become a reader of my blog. The responses REALLY touched me and I sincerely thank all of you who took the time to write to me to let me know in one way or another how this blog of mine has inspired you, impacted you, or has just simply given you something to look forward to reading when you get the chance. I wish I could have all of you over for a super big "meet and greet" - not the stuffy un-social kind! No, no. One in which we create a lively atmosphere while engaging in some good home cooked food {and desserts too!}, lots of laughs fill the air, lots of stories are exchanged, "cheers" are being made across the table, and we all leave having new connections with wonderful people that we look forward to sharing our time with once again. Doesn't that sound great!?
  • Last week Ilah started walking!! And by walking, I mean....her first few steps were cute, we all clapped, mommy got teary-eyed and we predicted that it would still take her a few more weeks {if not maybe a month} to really get the hang of it and really start walking for long periods of time. Well, Ilah is on the go! - walking from one end of the room to the other. She is doing so many new things now!! Her 10 month post is going to be full of lots of new milestones that she seems to be hitting very early. She is quite the active, funny, precious little girl! We can't get enough of her!!
  • This week I went out in public in saggy butt pants {come on, you know what those are! Dare you admit that you've worn a pair in public too? You know...the kind of pants that have become a bit too stretched out to the point where they don't hug your butt like they used to. Hence, "saggy butt" pants}. I normally just wear this particular pair around the house {'cause an elastic waist band is my BFF} but I wanted to make a quick trip to JoAnne's Fabric to buy some more fabric to make hairbows, so I just threw on the saggy butt pants, without really thinking, and put on a baseball cap - sans makeup - and with Ilah in tow, headed out. Wouldn't it be my luck that I was spotted {for the very first time} by a fellow blogger!! I returned home and had an email from a sweet woman who lives near me telling me that she thought she saw me at JoAnne's! She was leaving as I was coming in. Had she had gotten a good close up, she would have seen that my eyebrows are long overdue for a waxing/plucking! Anyhow, we are meeting up next week for lunch and hopefully getting our little ones together for a play date soon {Hi Kimberly!}.
  • I've been asked quite a few times if I would share pictures of our home. I do many posts on home decor {man would I love to bring some of those images to life!} and while I have given glimpses here and there of some spaces in our home, I haven't done a home tour. I always love to have a peek inside of someone's real home {I just love visiting model homes too!} and I just love it when other bloggers open their doors for their readers and I get to see inside. So I'll be doing the same starting next week!!
  • My new, November 2010, issue of Better Homes and Gardens magazine came in the mail this week and it's oh so lovely! This magazine is one of my favorites because it covers so many topics and has very few advertisements, which means the pages are filled with substantial content! Everything from recipes, to home decor, to tips and how-to's, to a plethora of swoon worthy ideas....I love this mag. And with Thankgiving, like, three seconds away, this November issue is PACKED with fabulous ideas!! If you will be hosting Thanksgiving at your house this year, get this issue!! I can't count how many pages I have doggy-eared.
  • I ordered Thanksgiving cards to send out to our family & friends; they arrived last week and Ilah looks so adorable on them! They will be addressed, stamped and mailed off next week. Of course, I will be sharing them with you!

Enjoy your Friday and have a great weekend!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...