Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

35 Weeks...Me-Oh-My!!

Holy toledo! I think if I stepped aboard a cruise ship I would sink it. Do you see how big this belly of mine has gotten? I have just 5 more weeks until my due date....FIVE {if she doesn't come early}.


So what's goin' on with this little girl at 35 weeks?....


Baby's now the size of a honeydew!

From now on, baby's growth is mostly in the plumping up department - though she won't get much longer, she'll put on a pound or more of baby fat before birth. Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that she's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at around 5 1/4 pounds. Because it's so snug in your womb, she isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times she kicks should remain about the same. Her hearing is now totally developed, her kidneys are fully developed, and her liver can process some waste products. Most of her basic physical development is now complete — she'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.


Little Ilah remains very active! And by very, I mean she is quite the mover and shaker! When I wake up in the morning, there she is giving me a good kick, twist, turn, and nudging me with her bum, elbow, heel of her foot...whatever to get my attention and remind me that she's in there - ha! {as if I could forget! She also moves a lot throughout the day and in the evening too}. She's too sweet. I tell her "good morning!" each and every morning, daddy kisses her good-bye before he leaves for work and before I even get out of bed, I spend time talking to her, rubbing my tummy and telling her what we plan on doing that day! We talk to her constantly and are already in awe of her.

Being just five weeks away from my due date, I obviously am beginning to think more and more about "delivery day". I have very little worry - whatever worry is there is minimal compared to the large amount of exhiliaration that I have for wanting "that moment" to come.

I'm in the home stretch!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...