Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Plates for Thanksgiving Made Pretty

I can't believe that Thanksgiving is just a few weeks away. Wow, how time flies. I told my husband today that Thanksgiving should be in October so that it's not so close to Christmas {that way the Christmas holiday has more time to be enjoyed!}. In my family we had a tradition of putting up our Christmas tree and decor the day after Thanksgiving. We didn't waste any time getting into the spirit of "the most wonderful time of the year".

Although I still love Christmas time, Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday {well...I love New Years Eve too!}. Thanksgiving, to me, is a more intimate holiday that focuses on reflecting on all that there is to be thankful for and is a time in which the "presence of people" rather than tangle "presents" takes precedence. Aside from these reasons, I love welcoming in the transition of fall - I love the crispness in the air, the changing of the leaves, the aroma of lit cinnamon spice candles, homemade desserts, and great conversation with family and friends gathered around a table.

As a newly married woman, I have yet to host a Thanksgiving dinner - it will happen in due time. But I sure do love browsing for beautiful ideas that make Thanksgiving day all the more memorable. Do you plan to fancy up your table for Thanksgiving? If so, take a look at these ideas that take a plate to a whole new pretty place...

















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...