Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

We've Named Our Little Girl!

We put a lot of thought into the name{s} that we would give our precious little girl. We wanted her names to flow beautifully, but most importantly, have great meaning.

The same day that we found out we were having a little girl, I started browsing for girl names. While laying in bed with my mom chatting, I was scrolling through a site on my blackberry and came across a beautiful name that stood out to me. I asked my mom if she liked it and she excitedly said, "Oh Jess, I love it!". My husband liked it as well. I couldn't wait to give our little girl a name and begin connecting with her by name.

It took several weeks before officially naming our daughter because my husband especially wanted us pray on all the names that we would give our little girl and not rush into naming her {our daughter will have two middle names - one that is special to me because it blends my middle name with my mothers middle name, and the other which derives from my husband's culture}.

We can't wait until we welcome into the world....
Ilah LeAnn Eniola

Name Meanings:
Ilah {pronounced eye-la}: Acquirer, Obtainer, One Who Succeeds
LeAnn: Favored by God
Eniola: {pronounced en-ee-oh-la}: Wealthy

---

Last week when I returned home from a full day of shopping with my mom, I had a beautiful card in my mailbox from her:

It reads:

Until I was a mother,
I never truly understood
the miracle of life...
Like how a hand could be so tiny
and how a cheek could feel so soft
to my kisses...
And how a little head
could smell so good
and feel so warm against my face.
Until I was a mother,
I never truly realized
that a tiny baby
could fill my heart with so much love.

- Lee Franklin

The inside of the card read:

Wishing you joy
as you wait
for your little miracle
{Ilah LeAnn Eniola}.

Receiving that card from my mom meant so much to me. She is so excited to become a grandma for the first time and is already dotting over this little girl! When I'm on the phone with my mom I sometimes put her on speakerphone and put the phone to my belly so that she can say Hi to little Ilah! Funny thing is...Ilah gives a few kicks every time she hears her voice! So sweet.

January cannot get here fast enough - we can't wait to begin loving on this little girl!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...