Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

Fall Home Decor

I'm looking forward to when the cool air hits Atlanta. Right now we're having days and days of torrential downpours, accompanied with humidity; I'm anxiously awaiting the glorious fall foliage to show face, the forecast change that calls for wool sweaters to be worn, and am anticipating the days that begin and end with hot chocolate.

I've said before that the thing that I love most about Atlanta is the changing of the seasons. Below is a picture that I took outside of the apartment that I lived in when I moved to Georgia and experienced my first fall:
My pregnancy has my energy levels pretty low, but I look forward to sprucing up our home next year with pretty accents that welcome in autumn. Here are a few beautiful touches that bring the outside, in:

Warm hues that combine brown and orange...and I just love that table runner. Also, notice the orange floral piece in the mirror.
photo source: Christina online

A pretty wreath on the outside of the door that welcomes guests:

photo source: My Lifetime

I love the blending of the colors in the below room...copper, mustard, olive green, brown, and ivory. Loving everything from the foliage on the fireplace mantel, to the branch candle holders, to the comfortable looking throw that's on the chair...and the bench that infuses warm, rich, inviting colors {and not to forget, an actual fire in the fireplace!}:
photo source: Decorators Home

Pretty pillows like these make for a great accent to any chair:

photo source: My Lifetime

Having a dinner gathering with friends/family? Spruce up the table by creating a beautiful, simple tablescape like this one:

Photo Source: Carolina Panache

It's easy to change up bedding. I could "fall" into this gorgeous bed with total ease:

Photo Source: The Decorating Diva

An easy way to spruce up the kitchen with fall colors...add some towels like these ones:


And we can't leave out the sweet treats! Fill up apothecary jars with cookies!


And serve up pecan pie!

Photo Source: Food Hype


Looking forward to fall arriving!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...