Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

Interesting

The day has totally gotten away from me. It's nearly 4: 30 pm and I have done much of nothing today. I blame that on the new black-out curtains we recently installed in our bedroom. Sunlight in if you want it, none if you don't.

I wanted to share with you all my latest pregnancy craving:


Crinkle fries. Every time my husband goes to Zaxby's this is all I ask for...their crinkle fries {with extra season salt!}. Not to worry...this is practically my only salt intake.

So yesterday, on my way home from shopping with my mom, I spontaneously stopped at Cracker Barrel just to get some of their old fashion candy. I have never, ever done that and I've been surrounded by Cracker Barrel's for three years. But there was an urge yesterday that couldn't be suppressed. I blame it on the random pregnancy cravings.

So...I'm in Craker Barrel, snatching nearly every sugary thing in sight, and I notice that this guy {whose around my age} is trying to strike up a conversation with me - on the other side of the room. I don't pay him much attention but soon realize that I can't flat out ignore him because he actually works there and will be ringing up my purchases. As I pass by him to get to the counter he picks up a toy parrot and talks into it and then points the parrot at me and it repeats what he said, "Hello pretty lady". I did a terrible job at looking amused. Then he spews an "original" line that surely no woman has ever heard before: "Have I met you somewhere before?". While I wanted so badly to respond sarcastically, I refrained - because really, this entire "conversation" was laughable. It get's better.

As I place all my candy on the counter, there's some peach rings behind him that catch my eye and I tell him I'll take a handful. He responds by saying, "for you...anything". Gee, thanks. The entire time I'm in the store I know he's observing me - which means he clearly had to see that I am very pregnant, right? Even if he didn't see my wedding ring on, my protruding stomach couldn't be missed. So as I'm checking out, he goes on to tell me that he's sure he's seen me before, blah, blah, blah, blah....and that I'm pretty and blah, blah, blah, blah....and then I just cut him off and lay it out there and say, "The reason I'm buying so much candy is because I'm pregnant. Yep...just entered my sixth month. Honeymoon baby. My husband and I...". And then I get cut off. He then asks me when I got married. Huh?? Why does he care? I thought what I just said would have made him just say, "that's great" and proceed with ringing up my candy so I could be on my merry way. But nope. The guy goes on to...ask me out!! I guess the fact that I was married AND pregnant wasn't a good enough reason to suppress his attempt at a date. I was totally shocked. I mean really?? He rung up my candy, told me the total and I paid. But then he realized he didn't charge me for one item and by now I'm really just wanting to free myself from this awkward conversation. I give more money for the item that wasn't rung up, grab my bag and leave by saying, "having a nice day". His response? "Tell your husband I said hello".

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...