Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Our Weekend Recap {with Cellphone Pics}

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a great weekend! Ours was pretty low key - spent between our parents homes. Ilah started her Friday morning at my mom's house, with her pink doggy Rufea by her side {as usual!}....

There's nothing like seeing your baby first thing in the morning with their puffy eyes and messy hair, accompanied with a big smile because they are so happy to see you! But it isn't too long before they are running off to get into something! Ilah has had an obsession lately with pushing the buttons on my mom's dishwasher {I'll save how she's been pushing MY buttons for another post! Ha!}.....

Ilah is so tall now that if we leave something near the edge of the counter, she can reach up and either get it, or knock it over so that it falls on the floor so that she can get her hands on it! Case in point...this Cheerio box....


"Wait. Before I eat these, how many calories are there in one serving?" Ha!

Ilah was on a roll Friday morning, cracking me up at every turn! Here she got ahold of my sunglasses that I had on the table....

And then she wanted to play with her puzzle pieces. But this time she didn't want to match the color to the matching object. She wanted to....eat them. And she wanted me to do it too. Whatever. Momma rolled with it!....


And then she was over it. She was ready to hit the road, with Rufea in tow, and make some phone calls.....


Time to feed the machine!.....

Friday night Mr. Wonderful and I headed out for ice-cream! This particular Coldstone was next to a movie theatre and me-oh-my, the teenagers were out in droves!! It made us fast forward in time and think of Ilah being "one of them" {I say that as if teenagers are aliens, ha!}.

Dele's dad is in town from Nigeria so we headed over Saturday afternoon to visit. Ilah was all over the place, running around non-stop. We were exhausted at the end of the day!! One of her new favorite things to do is look out of the windows. Here she was pointing to the blinds as if to say, "Can you open these for me please?". And we did : )


But then it wasn't long before she ran on over to another room....


And then another....


I think this was the first time that she sat down the entire time we were there!


Ilah trying to turn on the lamp, and checking it out!....


Only a grandparent would let their grandchild stand on their lightly colored cream sofa....with shoes on!


At the end of the afternoon, Ilah was pooped! And so were we! Ha ha!...


For dinner Saturday night, I made baked ziti!....

Sunday we went out to the movies! We saw The Adjustment Bureau. Although I liked the first 3/4 of the movie better then the last 1/4, it was still a good movie.

I've been on a coupon mission this month and have saved abundantly!!! On groceries, on toiletries, household supplies, eating out, and fun activities too! I scored our movie tickets for $9 {for 2 tickets} when Fandango had their sale on LivingSocial a few weeks ago.

And then I scored on FREE popcorn too, when I found this online coupon! I had printed 2, one free popcorn for each of us, but my husband decided he didn't want any. There was a woman in line behind us, at the consession stand with her daughter, and I overheard her daughter telling her mom that she wanted a small popcorn so I turned around and gave her with the extra coupon I had : )
Before we went to the movies, we stopped at a sub shop to grab a bite to eat. Dele got the Philly Cheese sub....

We got home late in the day and did our usual routine of playing with Ilah, having dinner, and then it was onto me sorting through coupons!....

The weather was nice over the weekend {84 degrees on Saturday} and it was great to be out, but I still don't love temperatures that reach above the mid-70's! Ha ha! I'm glad that the shift to slightly cooler weather has come back our way!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...