Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Our Family Valentines Day

Every year I plan Valentines Day for us {this past one was our fifth one together}. I started the tradition while Dele and I were courting. I'm blessed to have a wonderful man in my life who does special things for me all year through so in our relationship, I lift society's pressure that is placed on the man to plan a special Valentines Day and take it on myself to prepare a great day. Always will.

Past Valentines Day's have always been spent doing fun, exciting things. This year was more low key. I planned a nice evening at home where we spent Valentines Day as a family of three.

In the morning I made Ilah some breakfast and cut out her wheat toast with a heart shaped cookie cutter....



Our "sweet" girl on Valentines Day!....





Dele has been asking me to make Ilah's birthday cake again. That cake was quite labor intensive! Ha! I surprised him and baked it {rushing to do it while Ilah was down for a nap!}....


Layered White Vanilla Cake, filled with Chocolate Ganache and Strawberry Mousse Filling!


The doorbell rang in the early afternoon and I was thinking, "who in the heck could that be?". It was the UPS driver, with a special delivery from Mr. Wonderful....



See, he can't help himself. He always has to do something for me on Valentines Day even though it's supposed to be HIS special day.

I prepared some treats for us for that night....



Cupcake now covered, and wrapped in a red ribbon. : ) ....



Shortbread cookies with cherry fruit filling and a milk chocolate base {I didn't make these, I bought them}....









For dinner I made Dele Salmon with Asparagus, Sweet Potatoes, and Wild Rice {he had leftovers for lunch today!}....



Me? I don't eat Salmon. So I made myself some pasta : )


My night ended on this note....

Both Ilah and I are a bit under the weather. She has a runny nose and a little cough, and I have a sore throat and am feeling a little achy. We are both feeling a bit better today so hopefully we will be back to 100% soon!

I bought Ilah this little photo album to hold pictures of her and Alina in their cute Valentines Day dresses! I bought one for Alina too. Once I print off some of the photos and fill the book, I will mail it to my friend Vanessa.....

You can go here to see what Dele and I did for Valentines Day last year, in 2010, just 4 weeks after I had Ilah! And you can go here to see how Mr. Wonderful showers me with love all year through. In 2009, just one month before getting married, we closed on our home the weekend of Valentines Day! That post is here. Wow, I have really come to see how this blog has become such a wonderful online diary of the many great things that have happened in our lives. And just as I said last year, I wonder what next years Valentine's Day will bring!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...