Pages

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Prepping for Ilah's 1st Birthday!

Preparations have been underway for Ilah's 1st birthday for several months now. I started buying things "here and there" quite some time ago. I can't believe we are just one week away from the big day!!

As I wrote in this post, I deliberated as to whether or not we should have an all-out shin-dig for Ilah's 1st birthday, or if we should just do something small and low-key with just family. We're going with the latter. There are many birthdays in our little girls future and plenty of opportunities to throw a party on a larger scale once she is older and aware of her special day.

Even though Ilah's 1st birthday party will just include her mommy & daddy, both sets of grandparents, and my husband's siblings who are in town for Christmas break from college, I am still planning to make Ilah's birthday a memorable one with lots of cute touches.

The theme of Ilah's first birthday is "Our Tweet-Heart is Turning 1!" So...bird cages, flowers, nests, branches, birds, feathers, eggs...all will be put together in a cute way!

Last night I got out the storage bin that I have been placing the decor in, and layed everything out to see what things I still need to get {which are just a few more small things}. The quality of the below photos aren't great because they were taken on my phone for a quick blog post upload, but here's a peek into some of the things that will grace our table on January 12th!....

This isn't even all of it!....



I started making birthday hats today!....



And I made some cupcake toppers too! {still need to buy the lollipop sticks}....


More projects in the making....


On her birthday, Ilah will be wearing a cute little outfit that matches the theme of her party. I love that it says "ONE of a Kind"....


I will be making a matching hairbow for her outfit, using a little birdie for the center embellishment!....

Even though Ilah's 1st birthday will be a small one, I'm still putting all of my heart into it.

It's amazing how you dream of the day when you will become pregnant...and then the day that you give birth to your little blessing...and then you think of their 1st birthday....and oh, how all of that has happened so fast.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...