Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Home Tour: Guest Bedroom & Bathroom

With Christmas behind me, it's now time to dive back into resuming posts related to our home tour! This week I'll be showing you our guest bedroom and bathroom. I wanted this room to be a warm, comfy space for anyone staying in it - and as with all of the other rooms in our home, it is clutter free so that our guests can truly feel that they are in a relaxing space.

So step on in...and have a look at our guest room!.....



This bedroom set was mine, purchased about two years before I got married.


I contemplated hanging a picture above the chair but every time I picked something out, it just didn't seem to look right {no matter what the picture was of}, so ultimately I decided to just leave the wall space empty.


Inside of the armoire is a television and DVD player....


The bottom drawers of the armoire are always empty so that guests can unpack and make themselves feel truly at home!....







The nightstand drawers are also left empty for guests....

The book on one of the nightstands {A History of Christianity} is actually a book that I have dived into and it is really interesting. Which reminds me....I need to pick it back up again and put my nose back into those pages.


This room has a very large window so it gets a lot of light.....





I purchased the pictures above the bed from Kirklands a few years ago....


Here is a view of the other side of the room....




I purchased the wrought iron blanket stand from ZGallerie....

The closet is also left empty so that guests can unpack and hang up their clothes and make themselves right at home! Inside of the closet are wood hangers, extra pillows, and a fan for those hot summer months! - or in case a guest of ours would like the room a bit cooler.


That door that you see open leads to an ensuite bathroom....


Step inside of the bathroom for a lookie!...

It's a jack-n-jill bathroom, so it leads through to Ilah's bedroom. Each side of the bathroom has it's own sink, like this one....



When we moved in to this house, we {and by "we" I mean "my husband"} installed bronze handles and hindges on all the doors....


The shower....



We also put up this bronze towel holder.....



I like decatent towels but I also think they should be used, not just admired. These towels were the perfect mix of the two...


I hope you enjoyed taking a peek into our guestbedroom & bathroom! The last room on the tour is little Ilah's room. I did a previous post of it about a month after she was born, but a few new things have been added since I put her nursery together.


Previous Home Tour Posts:
The Entry Way, The Kitchen, The Living Room, The Sunroom/Breakfast Area/Sitting Area/Ilah's Play Space, The Dining Room, The Master Bedroom, The Master Bathroom.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...