Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Adorable DIY Cakes!

I was thumbing through an old issue of Baby Talk Magazine and came across a page that I doggy-eared. Dare I say that I just *might* be making Ilah's 1st birthday cake. Everyone begin praying now, ha ha!...because I want to ge a bit more creative than just making - and icing - a retangular cake and sticking one candle in the middle of it. So I've been browsing for some ideas. I've come across some super cute ones that I've saved on my computer that I will post and share as Ilah's big day draws near!

As I wrote in this post, Ilah's 1st birthday is already on the brain and she's only 6 1/2 months old, but it's in my nature to plan ahead. I started buying things two months ago as I began to see things that correlated with the theme, that, yes, I've already picked out : ) So when I circled back to the Baby Talk Magazine, and saw that I flagged a reminder to myself to visit their site to view the adorable cake {and cupcake} ideas that were highlighted in their magazine, I thought I would post some of them here. The cake creations are super cute and it doesn't seem that we need to go through culinary school in order to master making any of them!














Aren't these cake so cute?! A baker would charge probably 3 times as much as it would cost you to make it yourself.

To see all 61 incredible cake ideas, go here! Once in the site, you can click on any of the pictures to get the cutting diagrams, and step-by-step instructions for how to make all of these cakes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...