Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Easy Peasy Dessert Made With Puff Pastry Sheets

If you viewed the post that highlighted our fun-filled 4th of July, then you remember seeing these cheesecake shots as a part of our yummy spread....


It was the first time that I ever worked with Puff Pastry sheets {to make the stars}. It's a good thing that I was never introduced to puff pastry sheets before the 4th of July because when they are baked, man are they delicious; you can make some amazing desserts out of them!

I noticed the strawberry napolean dessert on the front of the Pedridge Farm box and while although I was tempted to add them to our July 4th spread, my husband thought we had enough dessert options and suggested that I don't add anything else to my plate. I only ended up using 1 pastry sheet so I had some leftover so over the weekend I decided to make the dessert that you see on the front cover of the box {without the chocolate drizzle on top}.

I did cheat though. I didn't bother making the filling {the recipe can be found on the box; you can also find it here}. It sounds yummy but instead I skipped the extra work and just used cool whip {that was left over from making the cheesecake shots} and sliced up some strawberries....



Before I baked the pastry sheets, I topped them with sanding sugar {as I did with the stars that were in the shotglasses}....


And then I topped with powdered sugar....



Although I can't technically call this a "healthy" dessert, I will call it a "light dessert". Super, super easy, and super delicious!

Another AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS dessert is one that I had nearly every time I visited one of my favorite restaurants in California {where I am originally from}. I sure do miss the latin and spanish cuisine at Alegria Cocina Latina...especially their Penguino!....

It's made with light chocolate mousse, layered with whipped cream and fresh blackberries, and topped with a hand-dipped chocolate strawberry. I'm determined to try and make this delicious goodness on my own using this chocolate mousse recipe and this whipped cream recipe. Doesn't that dessert look delectable?! Makes me want one now : )

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...