Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Wonderful Aroma of Cinnamon Scented Pine Cones

While I was planning our wedding, I purchased several apothecary jars for our dessert bar. Specifically, the exact ones below, plus a few others....

I knew that in the years to come, I would get a lot of use out of those jars. And indeed I have. Filled with fake lemons, the middle apothecary jar above sits on our kitchen island. Last year, it had fall folliage in it. This year for Thanksgiving, I plan on filling the smaller jar with mini cinnamon scented pine cones.

I got two packages of these mini pinecones {the ones on the left} from Michaels last night {2 packages for $5, plus a 40% off coupon}. I accidently left them sitting in my car overnight and when I got in my car this morning it was filled with the pleasant aroma of cinnamon! The inside of my car smelled soooo gooood!! While although I accidently did this, I will purposefully be tucking one under my car seat this time of year, every year, for as long as those bags of scented pine cones are around.

I imagine that placing a package of cinnamon sticks in your car would release the same aroma of goodness that relishes you in the spirit of the holiday season.

A simple, inexpensive, discovery that will be carried out for years to come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...