Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Brazillian Lemonade Recipe

There's a Brazillian restaurant in Atlanta called Fogo de Chao that my husband and I just love going to. They have a divine drink there that we always get...their Brazillian lemonade. We talk about that lemonade long after we've left the restaurant! IT'S SO GOOD! After dining at Fogo de Chao last weekend, I browsed the internet to see if I could find a copycat recipe and sure enough I did! I made it a few days before Thanksgiving to see if the recipe would truly deliver the same taste and...oh yes it did!! Now we don't have to wait until dining at Fogo de Chao to have their yummy Brazillian lemonade.

I served up a few pitchers of it on Thanksgiving Day and many of you have asked me for the recipe so here it is!....

Original Recipe Yields 4 servings

Ingredients:
  • 2 limes
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
  • 3 cups water
  • 1 cup of ice
* If you want to make a pitcher of this lemonade, triple the ingredients {first see if your blender can hold the triple quantity amount; ours does}. Also, I don't quite use an entire 1/2 cup of sugar since it will make the lemonade very, very, VERY sweet. But that's your call! You may want more, you may want less.

Directions:

1.Wash limes thoroughly. Cut off the ends and slice into eight wedges. Place limes in a blender with the sugar, sweetened condensed milk, water, and ice.
2.Blend in an electric blender, pulsing 5 times. Strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove rinds. Serve over ice.

Nutritional Information:
Amount Per Serving Calories: 152 Total Fat: 1.3g Cholesterol: 5mg

Yes, lots of sugar...lots of calories! Just one glass of this lemonade and it will probably give you your fix : )

Enjoy!!!

P.S. - For those of you who have asked for my banana bread recipe, I posted it here a long time ago. Scroll to the bottom of the post for it : )

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...