Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Home Tour Week: The Breakfast Area/Sun Room/Sitting Room

This week Ilah and I have been on the go, go go!! We have been out of the house way more than we have been inside of it. While although I really wanted to get my home tour post up last night {after a very busy day} I chose to cozy up in bed after the little one was asleep and flip through the new issues of my magazine subscriptions. Trust me when I tell you that those hours of relaxation were much needed!

To allow myself some breathing room in getting my home tour posts up, I'm going to change "Home Tour Mondays" to "Home Tour Week" where on any given day, a room in our house will be shown until the tour is finished.

With all that said, this week I am highlighting our breakfast nook/sunroom/seating area. Take your pick what you think it should be called! Actually, it has turned into Ilah's play area. The area doesn't look this clean during the day - just in the morning and at night when all the toys have been put away! And yes, I put them away every night. Why? Because I just love a clean house.

We kept this space an open area when we found out we were expecting a baby. We wanted this area off of the living room to be a play space, but we also wanted to decorate it nicely and have the space be multi-functional. We purposely didn't put any barstools in front of the high counter because they would pose a hazard for a little one to bump their head on the metal base - and that has happened one time...at my moms house. We figured that along with our dining room that sits six people, and the two barstools that we have in front of our kitchen island, that was ample seating.

Did you notice that my curtains don't touch the floor? Not the look I was going for! But it had to be that way because the moulding around this corner window didn't have enough room between it and the wall so we had to install the hardware above the window frame instead of next to it...

Oh well. What are you gonna' do? My curtains go above my base boards. So what. It's not the end of the world, right?


Fake plants really do add a nice touch to a space.....


Above the door leading out to the patio...


The two pictures in this space....





This table had the perfect look, and was the perfect size, to go between the two chairs....


See that clock above? It opens up....


The pillows on the chairs....




Next to the chair on the right are two covered boxes. One of them holds Ilah's small handheld toys, and the other holds diapers, wipes, and diaper disposal saks {you know, for the "smelly" ones!}....


Speaking of our chairs. I just LOVE them. Here's a close up of them....






Yes, we DO sit in them! : )

My husband installed this light in this space. We also have the same one in our entry way. We picked them out and purchased them from Lowes.


And last but not least - the berber rug. Love it! We also got it at Lowe's.

That concludes the tour of the breakfast area/sunroom/sitting area/Ilah's play space!

Next week...the Dining Room!

Mr. Wonderful just brought me home some red velvet cake from the Cheesecake Factory so it's time to cozy up once again, with a fork in hand, in a pair of pants with an elastic waist!

Hope you all have a great evening!

Previous Home Tour Posts: The Entry Way, The Kitchen, The Living Room.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...