Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Homemade Fried Wontons {w/Recipe!}

Last night we didn't feel like anything too heavy for dinner. I made Teriyaki Chicken with Brown Rice for lunch and I ate a little late, as did Dele, so I went a somewhat simple route for dinner and made homemade fried wontons.

It was my husband's first time ever having them. He's not a fan of them at Chinese restaurants, but these style of wontons are WAY more delicious. Once he tried one...he kept devouring them...one after the other. I used sweet ground Italian Sausage for the filling, but you can get as creative as you want {shrimp, chicken, sausage, onion, celery, mushroom, water chestnuts, garlic, fresh ginger, etc.}.


Cook your sausage - drain the fat. I used 1 pound, which filled about 26 wonton wrappers.


These are the wonton wrappers I used. I found them in the refrigerated section of where the organic items are, in the produce department.


After your filling has cooled a bit, take a wonton wrapper and place some meat in the middle of it....


Use your finger to dab some egg yolk onto the corners of the wonton wrapper {to act as a sealant} and press edges together.


I do a bunch at one time....


Add some oil {I use canola} to a wok or a frying pan, with the fire set to medium. When the oil is hot, add your wonton's...


You will see them begin to sizzle. They cook quickly {when you can see them begin to brown on the edges, it's time to turn them} - watch them closely so they don't burn!


Remove them from the oil and drain on paper towels.

I like to dip my wonton's in sweet & sour sauce....


If you like it too, serve yourself up some to enjoy with the wonton's that you just made!!....



Enjoy!!!


INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 lb. sausage
  • 1 package wonton wrappers
DIRECTIONS:
  • Brown the sausage and drain any fat.
  • Allow meat to cool
  • Place a generous teaspoonful of the filling mixture to the center of a wonton wrapper, moisten the edges with a little egg, or water, and then fold into a triangle and press the edges firmly
  • Fry in hot oil until browned
  • Drain on paper towels
  • Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...