Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

20 Weeks Today - Whoo Hoo!

Today I am 20 weeks pregnant. Hello half-way point! Nice to finally meet ya. While although I'm halfway through my pregnancy, the 40 week mark still seems so far away. Probably because I literally found out I was pregnant within a week or so of conceiving. When I went to my first Doctor's appointment, the baby sac hadn't even formed yet! The Doctor told us that we were there at the earliest detection sign that a pregnancy was in the works. Aside from the blood work that confirmed I was pregnant, below is our "positive" pregnancy test that I took before that first visit to the Doctor! For some reason I waited a few hours to take a picture of it which is why the plus sign is a bit faint.


At 20 weeks, our baby is now the size of a cantaloupe! I've noticed that in the evenings, he or she becomes a little mover and a shaker!

According to The Bump: At 20 weeks, Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you'd like your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch. Interesting.

Long before my husband and I got married, I came across these precious ceramic "bibs" with the saying "Once a Child is Born so is a Grandmother". Although we were a long way away from becoming pregnant I purchased them for just the right time when I would need them...the day that we would tell our mothers that we were expecting. On Mothers Day they each opened a gift that was enclosed with one of these...

Our baby will be the first grandchild for both of our parents. Once we find out the sex of the baby I would like to tell them in a special way that they will be having a grandson or a granddaughter! I have some ideas that I've been mulling over : )

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...