Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Cookies For A Vow Renewal

Over the weekend I made some cookies for a special couple at our church who had a vow renewal ceremony, celebrating 30 years of marriage. The bride wanted the primary cookie colors to be baby blue and white, and she mostly wanted the cookies to be heart shaped. This is what I came up with....








I ran into a little bit of an issue when it came to doing the "cake stand" and adding the flowers to the "cakes". Those elements require stiff icing but I didn't have any more powdered sugar to thicken the icing. Oops! Being the perfectionist that I am, I was peeved, but then I came back down to reality and realized that these are cookies - they weren't being submitted into a contest that would potentially get my child a free 4 year education at an ivy league college.








I got a little too "cookie cutter" happy over the weekend and ordered A TON of cookie cutters from this site. I have come across so many cute cookie designs that I can't wait to make myself! : )


Hope you all had a nice weekend!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...