Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

Our Monday {and Ilah is 19 Months Old!}

My adorable, sweet and funny little Ilah has been oh-so temperamental lately. Could the terrible two's be approaching early? For now, I'm just chalking it up to a few bad days. Hopefully ones are ahead, but I know this is all a part of the toddler stage. The fits have been daily - and often - and those few minutes that she is throwing herself on the floor and whaling her eyes, seem much longer than just a few minutes. But man, do I love our girl! To me, she's adorable even when she's throwing a fit. Shh! Don' tell her that ; ) We try not to laugh when she is in the middle of a full blown meltdown but seeing her get so dramatic over the smallest things, sometimes it's hard to keep a chuckle in.

Ilah has always followed directions well {go get a book and bring it to mommy, etc.} , but now she is also being obedient {Ilah, come here and stand still so mommy can do your hair}. Does she always listen? No. But she knows to...and when she hands over something {without being asked} that she knows she shouldn't be playing with, it shows me that she knows she should obey.

I say it just about every month when I sit down to do Ilah's newest milestones - that I can't believe how fast the time is flying. I am SO, SO grateful that I am able to stay home with Ilah and raise her, and spend my days with her. Not every day is easy, but I strive to fill her days with fun and laughter and sweet moments that make her feel loved.

Yesterday was a day that brought balance. We stayed home in the morning, and while Ilah took her morning nap, I cleaned. When she woke up from her nap, we got dressed and headed out to lunch together - just me and my girl : ) We dined at a yummy place that I was craving food from {a restaurant similar to Benihana}...and then afterwards we headed to Chuck-E-Cheese's so that Ilah could have some fun!!

Here she was...all strapped in, ready to head out!....

During our drive, I turned around to see Ilah while I was at a red light and I saw her hugging her Dora doll. It was the cutest thing ever! I was able to snap a picture....


Lunch was DELICIOUS!!!!....


Of course I shared with my girl! : ) .....


After lunch, Ilah walked around a bit to burn off some calories! Ha....


Then off we went to Chuck-E-Cheese's!!!.....

In our county, all the kids started back to school yesterday so Chuck-E-Cheese was literally all ours!! At first I thought they were closed when I pulled up and saw only two cars in the parking lot. I wanted to take Ilah to Chuck-E-Cheese's last week but I knew it was the week before kids went back to school and I imagined it would be packed, so I planned for us to go this week. It was SO NICE to have the place to ourselves. We will be venturing there a lot now : )


Ilah had SO MUCH FUN! And so did I : )








Ilah, here are some other things that you are up to at 19 months:
  • You love to jump up on the chair and play on the computer.
  • You love to color....A LOT.
  • You go to the trash to throw things away, on your own.
  • You got your first "owie" this weekend
  • You are still taking 2 naps a day.
  • You have started to use your step-stool and wash your hands with soap and water.
  • You are very head-strong...but this is nothing new ; )
  • You love to climb on furniture.
  • Your bring mommy or daddy your cup when there is nothing left in it, and you'd like a refill!
  • You do a very good job at listening to mommy and daddy.
  • You love to interact with other children.
  • You remain extremely independent.
  • You are a VERY active little girl.
  • You LOVE puppy's!!
  • You always want to eat or drink whatever mommy or daddy has - and of course we give you some ; )
  • Today at lunch I gave you some mushrooms for the first time...and you gobbled them up!
  • You are doing so many new things, it's so hard to keep up!
Ilah, there are so many moments in the day that I stare at you and cannot believe that you are mine, and your daddy's. I feel like there needs to be another word besides "love" to describe what I feel towards you. You have enriched my life in so many beautiful ways. I pray that you will always know just how much I love you and just how much you mean to me. You fill my days with so much happiness. Even though you are a little girl, you have such a big light that shines out of you. I feel so, so, so blessed to be your mom. I pray that God continues to equip me to raise you in His ways and help guide you in all of your ways. We love you more than words can say.

Love,
Mommy & Daddy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...