Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Last Nights Dinner: Oven Fried Chicken! {Recipe Included}

Last night I took out my recipe binder and thumbed through the pages to look for something that sounded good for dinner... I suggested Bourbon Chicken but my husband wasn't really feeling that...so I went on to suggest oven fried chicken...and he was all about it! The last time I made this {for the first time} it was SO GOOD!!! I used chicken breasts and pounded them thin, but this time I chose to slice up the chicken breasts into more of a chicken tender shape. I use this recipe {which I write out below}, found on All Recipes. Ingredients
12 chicken thighs {I did 4 large chicken breasts, cut into chicken tender sizes}
3 eggs
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs {I added 1/2 c more}
Salt and Pepper to taste {add this to your flour; approx 1 tsp of each}
1 teaspoon paprika {you will sprinkle this on your chicken before baking}
1/2 cup vegetable oil {I used Extra Virgin Olive Oil}
Directions
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2.Place flour in a shallow plate or bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Put the bread crumbs in another shallow plate or bowl and beat the eggs in another bowl.
3.Dredge the chicken piece by piece in the flour, then the egg, then the bread crumbs, until all pieces are coated. Pour the oil into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Add the chicken to the dish and sprinkle with paprika to taste. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, then turn pieces over and bake for another 30 minutes {don't miss this step!}. Remove from oven and drain on paper towels. Enjoy!


This is what your chicken will look like after you've coated it with flour, egg and bread crumbs - with the oil in the bottom of your dish....
Just need to sprinkle the top of the chicken w/ paprika before placing in the oven!....
And in it goes - and you don't have to stand on your feet for an hour frying chicken AND it's healthier!...
About 15 minutes before the chicken is ready to come out, I sauteed some zucchini. Mashed potatoes would have been an additional yummy side but we don't need to be eating potatoes right now ; )
And this is what your chicken will look like when it comes out!!....



Serve it up and enjoy!!!


And remember...eat all your veggies ; )

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...