Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Pretty Little Finds

Last week the lamp in Ilah's nursery fell over and broke {the top part}. There was no repairing it because of the way that it broke off. Perhaps if I was a welder...but alas, there are only so many things I can do, and that skill is NOT one of them. So I went out and replaced the lamp with this one, which I purchased at Home Goods for $29.99.... You'll notice the brooch on the lamp. It is pinned on. I removed it because I thought it made the lamp a little too fancy. What do you think? With or without? If you like the look, that's a clever idea to fancy up a lamp...just pin on a brooch!

Here is the lamp without the brooch pinned on it.....I love the cream colored shade combined with the colors in the base, which I just love the look of...

While at Home Goods, I spotted this book shelf {that you hang on the wall}. I have seen them in photos of children's nursery's and thought they were not only darling, but also very functional for little ones...
It was just $15 on clearance!! Naturally I had to swoop it up and get it....
I'm debating whether or not I want to leave it the color that it is, or transform it into an antique white.....

These little mountable bookcases/book bins can cost a pretty penny. This one below from Land of Nod is $229! Cripes!!....The bookcase that I bought will be mounted to the wall, as shown in this photo, at a height that is good for Ilah to see all of her books and enabling her to reach in and get them out/put them back.... Lastly, I spotted this picture at ROSS about a month ago. I fell in love with it, but I kept it in its place not only because of the price {$40}, but because I really didn't know where to put it even if I did buy it. Which meant...I didn't have a need for it. Right?.....

The fact that you see photos of the picture on the floor in my home means that I did buy it....BUT it's because it went on clearance for $19.99 AND because I knew the perfect place that it could go.....
You see that big wall space above the chair? This is our guestroom {you can go here to see more photos}. I've been looking for a picture to put in that space for a LONG time. That picture couldn't be more perfect to go there!....
As you can see, I have yet to hang it. Will add that to my list of things to do today ; )
Hope you all have a great Tuesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...