Pages

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Feelin' HOT, HOT, HOT!!!

If you happen to be living in the south, than you've been feelin' the heat. This crazy, crazy heat. And the humidity....mercy! Summer only needs to be a week long season when it's this hot. All in favor of moving on to fall say "I"!!


My posts this week haven't been too exciting. I wanted to get around to highlighting the planning that I've been doing for Ilah's 2nd birthday and show pictures of the things that I've purchased so far...but I didn't feel like pulling all that stuff out, unwrapping what has been carefully wrapped, take a ton of pictures, then re-wrap it all neatly, and then put it all back in our storage area. Perhaps next week I'll get the itch to do that. This week I didn't - even though I wanted to blog about how how Ilah's 2nd birthday party is already coming together. I know we're still 5 months away, but when you have a theme you have to buy things that correlate with it when you see them.


One of my nights this week was spent having of a fun-filled dinner with a friend at PF Changs, and then last night we {including Ilah} had dinner with our Pastors {and their boys}, who have also become our great friends! We have no real plans for the weekend...and that feels good! The only thing that is on my agenda is making cookies for a couple at our church that is having a vow renewal on Sunday!


This was a low key week, but also a busy one - that's what comes from being home day in and day out with an active little one! I love it though. Most days ; ) This week my loving husband came home from work with these in hand, for me....


He's been doing a lot of spontaneous and romantic things lately. I won't share the things that are "too much information" ; )


Now would be a good time for a topic change! Ha ha!....


With as hot as it's been, I was thinking that I should buy a wading pool to have at my mom's house for when Ilah's there. The one below can be purchased at Babies-R-Us for only $5.98 {go here}.
I bought Ilah a second bathing suit to keep at my mom's house for days when she goes in the pool. She quickly outgrew her 2T one so we've moved on to 3T....






I went to Big Lots last week after taking Ilah to the park and spotted these Dora the Explorer Pampers disposable swim pants. They aren't supposed to swell up like diapers do when your little one is in the water. I got them for $8 for a box of 18.




While I was there I also saw these inflatable "pets" for 50% off...added fun for when Ilah is in her little wading pool : )






And for the bigger pool...I bought these Disney arm floats. She won't be wearing them just yet but at 50% off {just $1.50} I bought them knowing I would need them in the future....




I've been wanting to take Ilah to a fountain/splash pad but there aren't any close to us. But I know that she will have a BLAST! So next week I'll be treking to one. The picture below is the one that is in Centennial Olympic Park here in Atlanta...




A few weeks ago I bought Ilah these shoes that are PERFECT for running through a fountain/splash pad....




I found them at ROSS....




For only $5.99!....




Fun summer days are still ahead!!!


On an unrelated note....THANK YOU so much to all of you who have purchased bows from my Etsy shop, and those of you who have sent me emails of support! The orders have flooded in! I will be busy this weekend packaging them up for shipment! The 50% off sale runs through Sunday...if you've missed the post, go here for details!


Hope you have a great weekend!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...