Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

July 4th Cookies!

A few weeks ago I started perusing the web for ideas for 4th of July sugar cookies decorated with royal icing. I wanted to make my husband a nice big platter of varied red, white and blue cookies to take to work today. Unexpected treats that make their way into an office are always a nice surprise - and in this case, a fun start to the long holiday weekend!

There were cookies that resembled the American flag....


And Red, White, and Blue star shaped cookies - some sprinkled with sanding sugar....

And cupcake shaped cookies in a variety of designs....





And what I am most proud of...these fun rocket shaped cookies!....

I was inspired to make them after seeing them on the blog site of The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle. I had no cookie cutter for these, so I made a template out of an old tupperware lid and followed the tutorial seen here on her site. I think they turned out pretty cool! Aside from this being the first time using a template to hand cut cookies, this was also the first time I have ever done a cookie on a stick! Cute aren't they?! It's also the first time that I did wet-on-wet icing {to create the "exploding" effect seen on the cookie at the end of the rocket}....



All of these cookies were made from just one batch of sugar cookie dough {go here for the recipe}. There would have been more cookies on the platter but with Ilah reaching her cute little hand out for a cookie {and naturally coming back for more!}, and my husband's late night cravings for something sweet, a few cookies didn't make the platter ; )

I wrapped up the cookie platter this morning and off they went with my husband to work today!

Tomorrow is my Birthday!! And then Monday is our 4th of July shin-dig that we are hosting at our home!! Looking forward to the fun-filled days ahead!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...