Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Fathers Day Was a Great Day!

We had a fun-filled Fathers Day yesterday! Ilah woke up in her "I Love Daddy" pajama bottoms and gave her daddy lots of hugs and kisses to start off his special day!!

Dele wanted Ilah by his side so much yesterday. It was the cutest thing! Normally when we are getting ready for church we want her to be preoccupied so that we can get dressed but yesterday Dele was all about having Ilah right next to him - even carrying her into the closet while he picked out his clothes for church. Daddy loves his girl!

I had some leftover icing from the cookies that I made last week - just enough for me to make a very, very small amount of royal icing do some Fathers Day cookies for Dele...


We had a massage appointment scheduled for 2 pm {yes, "we" - momma got in on it too....I didn't use my gift certificate on Mothers Day so we did a couples massage yesterday!}. I knew that time would be a bit tight after church so last week I thought ahead and picked up a refrigerated pizza that I could just stick in the oven after church. It cooked up in just 15 minutes {I added extra cheese to the top!} and we ate while watching an episode of House Hunters International : )

My mom stayed with Ilah while Dele and I went to go get our couples massage! They had a "best of travel" book in their waiting area that I thumbed through until we were called back...man, looking at those travel destinations made me wish I could go to ALL of them....starting today! Vacations are good for the soul....and massages are good for working out the knots that come from what NOT going on a vacation does : )
Some time after our massage, we went on to have an early dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. I ordered TexMex Eggrolls for my meal...

Dele got his usual....Spicy Cashew Chicken. Yumm!....

As tempting as it was, we skipped out on getting cheesecake.


When we got home, Daddy opened up his Father's Day cards and gifts!....




Ilah went down for a late afternoon nap so we seized the moment and watched the movie "Just Go With It". Cute, but very predictable. But the point of watching a movie was just to exhale, cuddle up, and enjoy our alone time together. Mission accomplished!And naturally I couldn't go through Father's Day without thinking of my own wonderful father, who is in heaven. If you are raised by an exceptional parent who you loved immensely, I don't think you can ever heal from their loss - you just cope better as the years go on. Father's Day and the holidays are especially hard times, as well as other special moments that I have greatly wished my father were a part of {my wedding, the birth of my daughter, her first birthday - and really, all of the days inbetween}. But I know that I should be blessed for the years that I did have him and I am forever grateful for the amount of love that we shared during those years and the many amazing moments that he filled my life with while he was here on earth. I know that while although I cannot physically see him, I sense him around me in beautiful, subtle ways - and just as I did on my wedding day, I will always carry his presence and love with me....

It was a great Fathers Day honoring the man in my daughter's life...and the man whose life I will always remember.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...