Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

How Nap Times Have Been Going

Gone are the days of laying my sweet little baby in her crib to sleep soundly for hours on end. Fast forward to Ilah being 6 months old and let' see where we're at....

When I lay Ilah down for her naps, I leave the room and then peek on the monitor to see what she's doing. She usually always starts off with playing with her feet....

And seconds later, she's making her way up the side of her crib to grab at her mobile....

After she's realized that it's on pretty tight and it won't be coming down, Ilah will go to the other side of her crib and look to see if I'm coming back! Ha!....

When some time has gone by and she realizes that mommy won't be returning because it's nap time, she will sit and think! Ha!....


But not for long. Because it's back to pulling up on her crib....




Eventually she tires out and puts her head on her bumper {at which time I go upstairs to reposition her}....


She'll spend a bit more time playing with her feet.....


And then after some squirming around, find a comfortable {awkward} position and go to sleep....

And about 45 minutes later, we're back to doing this again....

Because yes, naps these days only last about 45 minutes.

Needless to say, because of Ilah starting to pull up on her crib, we had to lower it yet again. I didn't think we would have to drop the crib to its lowest point until Ilah was about a year old! This happened a lot earlier than I expected. But now that she's crawling and pulling up on things to get herself into the standing position, it made us feel safer knowing that her crib was at its lowest point {the pictures above were taken before the crib was lowered for the second time}.

Surprisingly, Ilah took a long nap today. It was so long that I tippy-toed into her room to do the "new mom hover" to make sure she was still breathing! When I leaned over, her little head popped right up off the sheet and then I wanted to kick myself for going in there! It was like she smelled by scent enter the room or something! That nap may have been longer had I just stayed out. Oh well. Crossing my fingers that it will be repeated tomorrow : )

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...