Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

Ramblings About Reality TV Shows That I Watch

Season 2 of Kendra premiered last week on the E! channel and I loved the first episode. I saw only a few episodes from Season 1 {I think just the first one when she moved into her very own home, and the last episode when they aired her wedding}. Now that Kendra is a new and first time mother, I can relate to her on at least one level. Based on the previews from this season, the episodes look quite entertaining! I've set our dvr to record them.

I think that Hank and Kendra make a such a great couple. They really do seem made for each other. And their little boy is adorable!!

The Oxygen channel has begun promoting the upcoming season of "Tori and Dean". I think Tori is a great wife and mommy and man does she throw great parties!

While watching the promo of their upcoming season, my husband pointed out that Dean....

....looks a lot like Slade Smiley! Ha! I totally agree!
I even think they have very similar ways.

What do you think?

Season 2 of Kimora, Life in the Fab Lane premiered last night. This show is definitely appropriately titled. Everything, and I mean everything, is over the top in her world. Her little girls are so adorable and having them in the show softens it which is why I think I tune in. This is another show set to record on my dvr. The new added element this season is her new man Djimon, and their little boy Kenzo.

Dancing with the Stars premiers tonight. I used to watch this show with my mom but haven't really been into the last few seasons. The buzz is that this season has the best cast yet...including Kate Gosselin. My question: Why is she on this show?

I don't want to be mean but as many people have pointed out, her 15 minutes of fame should have been depleted by now. More than anything {and I'm all about mom's having fun, but...} I can't believe that with eight children to tend to that she has intentionally carved out so much time in her every day life to do this show. When she was on Jay Leno several months back, she dropped a not-so-subtle hint that she really wanted to do DWTS - well, she got her wish. Several members of the cast, including the pro dancers, have said that she is very standoffish. From what has been shown of her personality on her own reality show Jon & Kate plus 8, there's no surprise there. Don't you find it interesting that for someone who says that her children are her #1 priority that she spends more time trying to be a permanent fixture in the entertainment circuit than she does trying to regain a normal life out of the public eye? She used to hate paparazzi, media attention, fans who asked for her autograph, end everything else that being in the spotlight emcompassed. Now she can't get enough of it. One would even say she craves it. As much as she says it, normalcy obviously isn't what she really wants these days. What do you think? She has said she is "going to win" DWTS. We'll see.

Do you watch any of these reality shows? I'm also currently watching The Amazing Race 16, and The Real Housewives of New York City {which I have to watch right when a new episode airs}, and will probably add the upcoming season of Celebrity Apprentice to my dvr list. Geesh, I just realized how much reality tv I watch! And this list doesn't include past shows that I've followed. Many of the shows I listed are filler shows - meaning, I only watch them when nothing else is on tv that appeals to me. That last statement brings me to say...I really need to start watching less tv. More on that in another post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...