Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2010

One Year Ago Today

I became a bride. I remember the moment when I was standing all alone, with my dad in spirit, waiting to walk down the aisle to marry the wonderful man that God had blessed me with.


Today I reflect on the vows that I wrote, and said, to my husband on that day....

I stand before you today, with an overwhelming amount of unconditional love for you, and admiration towards you. You are a dream come true – an answer to prayer. When I met you, my life changed in a beautiful, wonderful way.

As I take you to be my husband, I vow to remain committed to you not only when our love is effortless, but also when we face changes and challenges. I vow to be forever faithful to you with my mind and my heart…to value you, appreciate you, respect you, honor you, and care for you.

As we enter into the joy of our union, I submit myself unto your headship as unto our Lord and look forward to raising our family, and building our marriage, under the care and guidance of God.

I promise to stand beside you in sickness and in health, in times of prosperity and decline - to encourage you in your endeavors and nourish your spirit as you become all that God has called you to be.

Today, as I become your wife, I will strive to give you the best of myself. With respect, gentleness, unselfishness and unending devotion, I will work by your side to create a wonderful life that we can cherish, together.

I look forward to all of the memories that we will create…for in you, I have found the one my soul loves. I thank God for you – for your friendship, and the way you love me.

To you, this day before God, I pledge to uphold these sacred, heartfelt vows all the days of my life.


Today, on our 1 Year Wedding Anniversary, we reflect on where our love brought us, we acknowledge the blessings of the present, and we anticipate all of the wonderful memories that await us in the future.

To my husband, whom I adore....

"My greatest good fortune in a life of brilliant experiences has been to find you, and to lead my life with you." - Winston Churchill

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...