Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Blind Side

Sunday afternoon Mr. Wonderful and I went to see The Blind Side. It was a nice heartwarming movie. But I was urked about two things {that had nothing to do with the movie at all}:

1.) We got to the movie about 15 minutes before previews started. I scored one of the last of 2 seats that were together. A family of five came in shortly after me and they had to split up since there weren't five seats together - so the mother and one of the daughters sat a few rows below me and the father and the other two daughters came up to my row to get the last of the two seats that were together {after he sat them together, he then sat solo next to me, two chairs down from his girls}. The mom really wanted her husband to sit with their daughters and wanted him to ask the couple next to him if they minded moving down just one seat but he didn't want to disturb them so he kept saying to her, "it's ok, it's ok". But in true protective motherly fashion, the mom made her way up to my row and very politely asked the couple if they could kindly move down just ONE seat so that her husband could sit with their girls. A totally reasonable request and easy thing to do in my opinion. The response? The lady snapped at the wife, leaned forward and put her finger in her face and said, "Don't you dare even ask us to move! We were the first one's in this theatre and we are NOT moving!". I know I was raised not to stare but I was totally appalled at that lady's reaction - my eyes bugged out and my jaw dropped - and I totally, totally stared. I could not believe it. As if moving down ONE seat would cause her see any less of the screen. I'm sure Santa will be skipping over her house this year.

2.) I have to retire the first pair of maternity jeans that I purchased. I have expanded them beyond their size capacity {when the interior seams begin to rip it's a sign} - not to mention the lower button was digging into my skin. As you can imagine, it was majorly uncomfortable to sit through two hours with a metal button digging into my pelvic region.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...