Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

37 Weeks!

Here I am. 37 weeks pregnant!
This little girl already brings so much joy to my life....

Whoa Nellie!! Check out that belly!! {still no stretchmarks, PTL!}....

I had a Doctors appointment last Friday. Here's the quick rundown of how things went and how I'm doing at 37 weeks:
  • While little Ilah is still head down, she hasn't dropped. I remain carrying very high. The Doctor had hoped that I was at least a half cm dilated. No suck luck. But he said it's common in first pregnancies. I'll just throw it out there that the vaginal exam hurt like heck. The hubby has been trying to help show Ilah the direction of down {as if she can feel the navigational direction of his finger - ha!}. I try to bribe her with yummy treats - telling her I'll give her a cookie if she can find mommy's pelvic region and remain there head down until delivery day. We're both cheering her on...come on little girl, you can do it!
  • Baby's heart rate, and my blood pressure, were all great at my last appointment and while the Doctor would like for me to remain on iron pills, my iron level is back at normal. I had the strep B test done on Friday. While I could have just been patient and waited to get the results at my appointment next week, I called in for the results. Negative! Whoo-hoo!
  • No loss of the mucus plug - I've been on the look out for it!
  • This past Saturday I felt my first real "oh my gosh, are these contractions?" while Dele and I were headed out of our subdivision to go to lunch. We weren't even out of the gate yet - he put on the brakes and just stared at me {{wide eyed}}. I laughed out loud!! Why, I don't know. I just laughed. I thought his reaction was just hilarious...as if I was going to give birth immediately right there on the asphalt. The contractions felt like a menstrual cramp and came and went every few minutes {which I thought was a bit odd at first because braxton hicks are normally spaced out much further} but they completely subsided after about 15 minutes. I haven't felt them since.
  • The Doctor hopes that the next time I see him, that I'm complaining that I feel tons of pressure and feel as though the baby is going to fall out when I walk. Surely I'll be somewhat dilated then. I told him I'll work on that.
  • The Doctor did give me the heads up on the course of action should Ilah not drop and I end up not being dilated at my next appointment. The word "induced" did get brought up - especially if the ultrasound shows that she's a big baby. Of course, I'd love for nature to take it's course naturally, but I appreciate the Doctor looking out for me and for my own sake, not keeping a baby inside of me/or going past my due date if baby is nearing 9 pounds + .
  • Walking....yes, I get out and do it often. At Homegoods, Z-Gallerie, Marshalls and Ross : ) The grocery store also gets its fair share of laps, although it's my least favorite place to stroll through since my home decor cravings can't be met.
  • Ilah remains a little mover and a shaker! Still moving a lot!! She especially loves her morning time {and laaate night hours} with mama. Which brings me to talking about how my sleep is going. Sleep...what sleep? I usually doze off around 2:30 a.m. and get up at least three times to use the bathroom.
  • My hands and feet are slightly swollen. I'm dealing with it fine. The hand and foot rubs at the end of the day, given by Mr. Wonderful, are glorious! {sidenote: I really miss wearing my engagement and wedding ring}.
  • Back pain is a whole other story...I'm not dealing fine with it. And for some reason, I can't tolerate back massages. They do nothing for me and hurt...even when lotion is used. Yes, we've tried the tennis ball technique too. Nothing alleviates the pain. A warm bath helps soothe me, but nothing really helps with the pain.
  • I'm super needy these days. I want to be tucked under my husband 24/7. I'm normally not at all like this but I crave to have him near me all the time, especially in these last few weeks.
  • Just about every time I go to sleep, I have recurring dreams about my water breaking! I wake up and do a little "check". Every time...nada.
  • Want to know what's going on with mama and baby at week 37? Go here to read a great article.
I'll be getting around to answering the questions from this post that you guys have for me very soon!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...