Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Friday Can't Get Here Fast Enough

Last Friday night, my husband felt the baby kick in my tummy for the first time. It was such a sentimental experience. I've been feeling the baby's movements for a few weeks but the little kicks weren't yet strong enough for them to be felt by anyone else who placed their hand on my tummy. That's all changed now. And it's exciting to be able to share the experience.

As I previously posted, we go in on Friday for our 20 week ultrasound and to find out the sex of our baby. I actually called the Doctors office yesterday to see if I can move up the appointment. Friday seems so far away! They told me to call back on Wednesday and if not a lot of new patients have filled the Thursday slots we can be seen on Thursday {fingers crossed!}.

I've been asked if I will reveal the baby's gender once we find out. The answer is yes! I've also been asked if we have any names picked out. Well...yes and no. If it's a boy...yes, we have decided on what his name will be. If it's a girl...no, we have no names picked out.

Since becoming pregnant, I naturally gravitated towards boy’s clothes, boy bedding, etc. having a sense that our little one would be a boy. But you just never know. There's no real way to be certain until that ultrasound reveals what we will be blessed with. Although...

I came across an advertisement in a Fit Pregnancy magazine for an in-home gender prediction test where you get results in 10 minutes. Supposedly you can find out the sex of your baby as early as 10 weeks. Although it appears that many mothers have used this method to find out the gender of their baby, I was leery as to the accuracy so I didn't consider taking one. But if you're pregnant and all about wanting to take this test, you can read more info here.


Since putting up the "Wanna Guess What We're Having?!" poll {upper left side}, it's been fun checking in to see where the percentage is at as to whether we're having a boy or a girl. It's just a matter of days now...can't wait!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...