Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

Books on Courtship

I've been asked what book{s} I read on courtship prior to entering into a relationship with my now husband. I wanted to respond to this question with a public post in case there are other women who are interested in knowing the names of a few books that speak to your heart from a Christian perspective.

The below book, Boundaries in Dating, was the book that I read at the same time that my church was teaching a series on courtship. The content within this book is so enlightening and definitely causes you, the reader, to gain a new perspective on why boundaries are vital to the courtship process. Some of the chapter titles include "Why Boundaries in Dating?", "Dating Won't Cure a Lonely Heart", "Too Much Too Fast", and "Set Appropriate Physical Limits". You can read excerpts from the book and reviews, as well as purchase the book, on Amazon here.

Many years before I met my husband I began reading books by Michelle McKinney Hammond. I was emotionally spent from relationships that God thankfully pulled me out of {I can't tell you how many times I have thanked Him for His covering}, and turned to the pages of Hammond's books for emotional and spiritual restoration. Hammond's books have a large emphasis on preparing yourself for your future mate, praying God's will for your future, learning to overcome heartache, discovering God's love when you feel alone, realizing the power of being a woman, etc. Michelle McKinney Hammond has so many wonderful books. Below are just three of the {probably thirty} books that I read of hers.



Sadly, when I moved to Georgia, my large shipment of boxes that held my books got "lost" in transit. But I will always remember how those books helped me through a season of my life when I needed those words of wisdom the most. Hammond definitely is in tune with her spiritual gift and God uses her as a vessel to reach many women who need to be reminded of what He has in store for them.

You can check this Amazon page to see all of the books written by Michelle McKinney Hammond.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...