Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Nursery Decor & Crib Bedding - Sneak Peek!

Ilah's nursery is slowly coming together. Nothing is hung on the walls just yet but all of the decor has been purchased; we're still deciding on which crib to buy for our precious little girl to sleep in. Right now we're leaning toward crib #3.

Here's a sneak peek into some of the items that will be in baby Ilah's nursery:

Beautiful stenciled wrought iron letters that spell out her name...


Here are just a few of the items that have been purchased to go in the nursery, which also shows you the color scheme of the room...
I'm finalizing the custom crib bedding with a designer and have picked out the below swatches, to see and feel in person, which will arrive by mail next week. You may notice that I've changed up the color scheme of the bedding, which was originally gold and ivory, and have thrown in a few accent colors that compliment the decor that will be in the room.

Fabric option for the bumper:
Another fabric option for the bumper:
Accent fabric:

Another accent fabric {chenille}:


For the crib skirt:


Tassel fringe for bottom of skirt:


As you can see, the color scheme for the nursery is warm hues of gold, olive green, a soft rose color, and various tones of ivory.

I can't tell you how much I am looking forward to meeting our little girl. We cannot wait for her to get here!! Although I'm over half way through my pregnancy, the 40 week mark still seems so far away. I wish I could hit a fast-forward button. As I've said before, I'm fortunate enough to not have to work so my days are filled with lots of relaxation, which equates to many hours spent in bed, but it also means that I feel that I've been pregnant already for a loooong time because the days don't seem to fly by like I felt they used to before pregnancy!

I look around our house at various times and envision our little girl gracing us with her precious presence...seeing her in her nursery, sleeping in a bassinet next to our bed, relaxing in her swing, eating in her highchair, etc. Our home will soon be filled with even more love and without being in denial, we also know it will be filled with many sleepless nights, smelly diapers, and overall, we will have to settle into a new way of life. But nonetheless, little Ilah will be a sweet new blessing, whether she is smiling or crying. And as I've said before, January can't get here fast enough!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...