Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Choosing A Crib

I'm in the final stages of working with a designer on the custom crib bedding for our sweet baby girl on the way. It will closely resemble the bedding set seen below, adding some additional "frills" at the bottom of the bed skirt. It will also come with a pretty custom made pillow and blanket. {Note: I should clarify that the custom made pillow and blanket will not be in the crib while our baby is in it. Additionally, the bumper will not be "pillowy" for safety reasons. I did my own research on what should not be in an infant's crib wanting to be sure that I didn't put our little one in danger posing the risk of suffocation. I may even just use one of the new "breathable" bumpers that are new on the market until our baby is older}.

With the exception of Monday, I've been feeling sick every day this week. I had wanted to go with mom to a few baby furniture stores earlier in the week but just couldn't bare going out. I can always gage how the day is going to go when I first wake up, knowing instantly if I'm sick. Thank God today was a good day and mom and I were able to hit up those baby furniture stores {I'll leave out the long aggravating rant of getting lost on our way to one of them}.

Mom and I really liked three crib sets {of the 4 in 1 design where the crib converts into a toddler bed, a day bed, and then into a full-size bed} - and we both like antique white for the finish

Here are the contenders:
#1



#2





#3
{The below set is so much prettier in person. Here is appears "white" but it's more antique like the ones above. Also, the company has redesigned the look a bit, adding slots in the headboard for bumper ties and omitting the bulky bottom base}




So, I have a couple questions:
  • Which crib design do you like best?
  • Would you go with the cheapest of all the cribs or pay more for a beautiful design?
  • Do you think it really pays off in the end to get a 4-in-1 convertible crib that the baby can grow into as she gets older?
Aside from the furniture and a glider, everything else has been purchased for our little girl's nursery! I'm looking forward to putting all the beautiful decor in place and creating her precious room.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...