Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Anniversary Spent With A Sick Little One

Yesterdays post highlighted some pictures from our wedding, as it was our 2 year Anniversary. Last year Ilah was just a few months young and we chose to stay home and make delicious steaks, with yummy sides, and have homemade strawberry shortcake for dessert!

This year we thought we would dine out in a lovely restaurant...but with Ilah having a high fever the past few days, we changed our plans. Although my mom would have watched her for us, I just wanted to be home and be accessible. Since she hasn't been feeling well, Ilah been super clingy to me, which isn’t at all like her. She has no appetite, isn’t her playful little self, and all she wants is her mommy. She’s not even content in daddy’s arms, which is out of the ordinary too.

Yesterday morning, I called the pediatrician’s office and they told me I could bring Ilah in right away. So I threw on some clothes, kept Ilah in her pj’s and off we went. I just hate seeing my little girl not feeling well. The last few nights have been rough, with all of us getting very little sleep.

Staying hydrated....



By the time her appointment was over, our poor girl was exhausted....

After looking at her eyes, ears, nose, throat, and listening for any conjestion, the Pediatrician confirmed that nothing looked abnormal. Ilah then had to do a urine sample {that had to involve a catheter} and I about died. But everything checked out fine there too. Ilah’s Pediatrician thinks that she may just have a small strain of something that will eventually pass. Her fever was at 104 on Sunday, went down to 102.7 on Monday and was at 100.9 on Tuesday. Last night her fever subsided and we started seeing glimpses of her old self coming back!

My mom kept asking me yesterday if we were sure we didn't want to go out to dinner. I just prefered to be close to our baby - the restaurants aren't going anywhere, we can go to one anytime. And even if they were ALL going out of business and the doors were being boarded up, I still would have chosen to stay home with our sick baby. So for dinner last night, my mom told me to call Dele at work and have him pick up PF Changs for us for dinner – the tab was on her. So sweet of her! She knew we decided not to go out for our Anniversary and wanted to do a little something for us. After Ilah went down to bed, we watched the movie “Fair Game”. Well, actually…ten minutes in, I fell asleep on Dele's lap. Woops! My husband will tell you that’s nothing new! We will try to watch the movie again tonight. No promises though that last night won’t repeat itself. Hee hee!
It's a gloomy, dreary day {again} here in Atlanta. Those always equate to lazy days for me. Hope the sun plans on making an appearance again soon : ) Enjoy your day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...