Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Making Ilah's Fabric Hair Bows - How They Turned Out!

For those asking for a tutorial, it would take me quite a bit of time to do step-by-step instructions for all the various techniques that I used to make the fabric hair bow designs that you see below. Some I just played around with and the design sort of just formed itself. However, this blogger made some layered frilly bows very similiar to mine and she offers a tutorial on her site. Hope this helps!!

In yesterday's post I mentioned that I would be taking a stab at making some frilly hair bows for Ilah. I spent some time today doing just that and I love how they turned out!!

CLICK ON IMAGES TO ENLARGE IF YOU WISH!


Three different fabrics used, with some tulle added in for extra frill:


Warm earthy colors with a button embellishment:


Flower made out of felt:


Single layer bow with a pretty center embellishment:


Rich red fabric with white tulle added in:


Grey felt paired with a whimsical fabric, accented with a white center embellishment:


A fun combo of yellow, black and white, and red:


Damask fabric {black, ivory and a soft lime green} paired with black and ivory fabric, with a fun polka dot button for the center embellishment:


I'll be making some more over the next few weeks and will share pictures of those ones as well : )

I hope you have a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...