Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Getting Acclimated

Last night was a doozy. My mom normally has the "night shift" with Ilah, but on the weekends we give it a go on our own. Our little one was up every 1 1/2 - 2 hours last night/this morning and our eyes were definitely heavy today from the lack of sleep. Ilah is starting to recognize when she's been transferred out of our arms and into in her bassinet to sleep...and let me tell ya, starting last night, it didn't take long before her arms start flailing and the crying wails began. She finds great comfort when mama holds her - this was immediate even from birth. She knows my touch and finds it oh-so-soothing. It's sweet and I love it, but we don't want her to get too used to being held in order for her to hit "deep sleep". She's been doing so good at home getting acclimated to her new environment - last night/early this morning was really our first rough night since she's been born. A sleep pattern will come in due time. But for now, especially as a newborn, and in her early months, adjustments remain in the works for all of us {as for me and the hubby, in the midst of having a newborn by our side, we still cuddle, find eachothers feet under the sheets, have engaging conversations, hold hands in bed, and he still plays with my hair, which sooths me}.

Today we did a whole lot of nothin'. And I expect that's how the upcoming days and weeks and the next few months with a newborn will go. While I'm antsy to get out of the house and hit up one of our favorite eateries, go to the mall for a stroll, and am looking forward to returning to church, I'm spastic about having our newborn baby out of the house, especially with it being winter, and especially since the Dr. advised us that Ilah should not be out until she's had her immunizations at her two month appointment. Seemingly, we will be remaining indoors until that's happened.

Every day I make it a point to capture some sweet moments of my day with Ilah; we just love this precious little one...
She almost always sleeps like this...with her hands up in the air. I call it her "Praise Jesus!" position.

"Please. No more camera's. I've had enough pictures for one day". {Ha!!}

Our wee one has been sleeping going on 3 1/2 now...PTL. Daddy just ordered pizza and a movie will accompany it. Nights in aren't all that bad.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...